Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5
User Rating: Fair (4.00/5)
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 Description
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5Â is the latest sync software release for Windows Mobile-powered devices, which provides a great synchronization experience with Windows-powered PCs and Microsoft Outlook right out of the box.
- Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.Â
- Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.Â
- Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. It is highly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2003 messaging and collaboration client.
- Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003
- Microsoft Pocket PC 2002, MicrosoftÂ
- Microsoft Smartphone 2002, Microsoft